Our team of collaborators conduct applied research to develop and validate effective prevention and control tools and methods to anticipate and respond to invasive mosquitoes and disease outbreaks. To view more articles by PacVec researchers, visit PubMed.
Learn more about the PacVec researchers from the lead institutions, UC Davis and UC Riverside!
PACVEC TRAINING GRANTEES
Learn more about our PacVec training grant recipients!
- Keyel AC, Kilpatrick AM, Holcomb KM, Ward MJ, Barker CM, Smith RL et al. A proposed framework for the development and qualitative evaluation of West Nile virus models and their application to local public health decision-making. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2021. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pntd.0009653
- Roe CC, Urbanz J, Andrews L, Verocai GG, Engelthaler DM, Hepp CM et al. Complete mitochondrial genome of Onchocerca lupi (Nematoda, Onchocercidae). Mitochondrial DNA Part B. 2021. https://doi.org/10.1080/23802359.2021.1960211
- Kelly ET, Brisco KK, Cornel AJ, Lanzaro GC, Attardo GM, Lee Y et al. Evidence of local extinction and reintroduction of Aedes aegypti in Exeter California. Front Trop Dis. 2021. https://doi.org/10.3389/fitd.2021.703873
- Ridenour CL, Roe CC, Henke JA, Raman V, Foster JT, Hepp CM et al. St. Louis encephalitis virus in the Southwestern United States: A phylogeographic case for a multi-variant introduction event. Front Genet. 2021. https://doi.org/10.3389/fgene.2021.667895
- Bechtel MJ, Drake KK, Esque TC, Nieto NC, Foster JT, Teglas MB. Borreliosis transmission from ticks associated with desert tortoise burrows: Examples of tick-borne relapsing fever in the Mojave Desert. Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis. 2021. https://doi.org/10.1089/vbz.2021.0005
- Wang X, Zhou G, Zhong D, Li Y, Octaviani S, Yan G et al. Impact of underground storm drain systems on larval ecology of Culex and Aedes species in urban environments of Southern California. Sci Rep. 2021. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-92190-3
- Metzger ME. A legacy of mosquito control through wetland management: a tribute to William E. Walton and his contributions to science and entomology. Wetlands Ecol Manage. 2021. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11273-021-09813-9
- Scott JD, Sajid MS, Pascoe EL, Foley JE. Detection of Babesia odocoilei in humans with Babesiosis symptoms. Diagnostics. 2021. https://doi.org/10.3390/diagnostics11060947
- Why AM, Choe D-H, Walton WE. Identification of Chemicals Associated Gambusia affinis (Cyprinodontiformes: Poeciliidae), and Their Effect on Oviposition Behavior of Culex tarsalis (Diptera: Culicidae) in the Laboratory. Journal of Med Ent. 2021. https://doi.org/10.1093/jme/tjab078
- Chen TY, Vorsino AE, Kosinski KJ, Romero-Weaver A, Chiu JC, Lee Y et al. A magnetic-bead-based mosquito DNA extraction protocol for next-generation sequencing. JoVE. 2021. https://doi.org/10.3791/62354
- Scott JD, Pascoe EL, Sajid MS, Foley JE. Detection of Babesia odocoilei in Ixodes scapularis Ticks Collected in Southern Ontario, Canada. Pathogens. 2021. https://doi.org/10.3390/pathogens10030327
- Amos BA, Cardé RT. Efficiency of the CO2-baited omni-directional Fay-Prince trap under semi-field conditions and characterizing response behaviours for the yellow fever mosquito, Aedes aegypti. Med and Vet Entomol. 2021. https://doi.org/10.1111/mve.12516
- Mack LK, Kelly ET, Lee Y, Brisco KK, Cornel AJ, Attardo GM et al. Frequency of sodium channel genotypes and association with pyrethrum knockdown time in populations of Californian Aedes aegypti. Parasites & Vectors. 2021. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13071-021-04627-3
- López-Pérez AM, Chaves A, Sánchez-Montes S, Foley P, Uhart M, Foley J et al. Diversity of rickettsiae in domestic, synanthropic, and sylvatic mammals and their ectoparasites in a spotted fever-epidemic region at the western US-Mexico border. Transbound Emerg Dis. 2021. https://doi.org/10.1111/tbed.14027
- Holcomb KM, Reiner RC, Barker CM. Spatio-temporal impacts of aerial adulticide applications on populations of West Nile virus vector mosquitoes. Parasites & Vectors. 2021. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13071-021-04616-6
- Onyango MG, Attardo GM, Kelly ET, Bialosuknia SM, Stout J, Banker E et al. Corrigendum: Zika Virus Infection Results in Biochemical Changes Associated With RNA Editing, Inflammatory and Antiviral Responses in Aedes albopictus. Front Microbiol. 2021. https://doi.org/10.3389/fmicb.2020.642886
- Main BJ, Marcantonio M, Johnston S, Rasgon JL, Brown CT, Barker CM. Whole-genome assembly of Culex tarsalis. G3 Genes|Genomes|Genetics. 2021. https://doi.org/10.1093/g3journal/jkaa063
- Qiu J, Wheeler SS, Reed M, Goodman GW, Sy ND, Gan J et al. When vector control and organic farming intersect: Pesticide residues on rice plants from aerial mosquito sprays. Sci Total Environ. 2021. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.144708
- Lopéz‐Perez AM, Plourde B, Smith K, Rubino F, Pascoe E, Foley JE et al. Impacts of timber harvest on communities of small mammals, ticks, and tick-borne pathogens in a high-risk landscape in northern California. Journal of Medical Entomology. 2021. https://doi.org/10.1093/jme/tjaa297