Our team of collaborators conduct applied research to develop and validate effective prevention and control tools and methods to anticipate and respond to invasive mosquitoes and disease outbreaks. To view more articles by PacVec researchers, visit PubMed.
Learn more about the PacVec researchers from the lead institutions, UC Davis and UC Riverside!
PACVEC TRAINING GRANTEES
Learn more about our PacVec training grant recipients!
- Lu WY, Leal WS, Brisco KK, An S, Cornel AJ. A highly expressed odorant receptor from the yellow fever mosquito, AaegOR11, responds to (+)- and (-)-fenchone and a phenolic repellent. bioRxiv. 2022. https://doi.org/10.1101/2022.09.26.509539
Sy N, Wheeler SS, Reed M, Haas-Stapleton E, Reyes T, Gan J et al. Pyrethroid insecticides in urban catch basins: A potential secondary contamination source for urban aquatic systems. Environ Pollut. 2022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envpol.2022.120220
- Brummitt SI, Harvey DJ, Smith WA, Barker CM, Kjemtrup AM. Assessment of physician knowledge, attitudes, and practice for Lyme disease in a low-incidence state. Journal of Med Entomol. 2022. https://doi.org/10.1093/jme/tjac137
- Bello JE, Cardé RT. Compounds from human odor induce attraction and landing in female yellow fever mosquitoes (Aedes aegypti). Sci Rep. 2022. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-022-19254-w
- Pascoe EL, Nava S, Labruna MB, Paddock CD, Marcantonio M, Foley JE et al. Predicting the northward expansion of tropical lineage Rhipicephalus sanguineus sensu lato ticks in the United States and its implications for medical and veterinary health. PLoS ONE. 2022. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0271683
- Backus LH, Foley JE, Hobbs GB, Bai Y, Beati L. A new species of tick, Ixodes mojavensis, from the Amargosa Valley of California. Ticks Tick Borne Dis. 2022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ttbdis.2022.102020
- Danforth ME, Snyder RE, Feiszli T, Padgett K, Coffey LL, Barker CM et al. Epidemiologic and environmental characterization of the re-emergence of St. Louis Encephalitis virus in California, 2015–2020. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2022. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pntd.0010664
- Tetreau G, Sawaya MR, De Zitter E, Andreeva EA, Bannevile A-S, Federici B et al. De novo determination of mosquitocidal Cry11Aa and Cry11Ba structures from naturally-occurring nanocrystals. Nat Commun. 2022. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-022-31746-x
- Sumner BD,
- Backus LH, Pascoe EL, Foley J. Will new ticks invade North America? How to identify future invaders. Trends in Parasitology. 2022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pt.2022.06.004
- López-Pérez AM, Pesapane R, Clifford DL, Backus L, Foley P, Foley J et al. Host species and environment drivers of ectoparasite community of rodents in Mojave Desert wetlands. PLoS One. 2022. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0269160
- Conway KL, Jasuja RM, Hauser NE, Foley JE. Benefits, companion animal zoonotic disease prevalence and public perceptions of pet ownership among people experiencing homelessness in northern California. Zoonoses and Public Health. 2022. https://doi.org/10.1111/zph.12970
- Danforth ME, Snyder RE, Lonstrup ETN, Barker CM, Kramer VL. Evaluation of the effectiveness of the California mosquito-borne virus surveillance & response plan, 2009-2018. PLOS Negl Trop Dis. 2022. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pntd.0010375
- López-Pérez AM, López-Fernández O, Backus L, Somerville S, Zarza H, Foley J et al. Spatial distribution patterns of tick community structure in sympatric jaguars (Panthera onca) and pumas (Puma concolor) from three ecoregions in Mexico. Med Vet Entomol. 2022. https://doi.org/10.1111/mve.12575
- Paddock CD, Swei A, Trent E, Zhong J, Sambado S, Foley J et al. Detection and isolation of Rickettsia tillamookensis (Rickettsiales: Rickettsiaceae) from Ixodes pacificus (Acari: Ixodidae) from multiple regions of California. Journal of Medical Entomology. 2022. https://doi.org/10.1093/jme/tjac038
- Brophy M, Riehle MA, Mastrud N, Ravenscraft A, Adamson JE, Walker KR. Genetic variation in Rhipicephalus sanguineus s.l. ticks across Arizona. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2022. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph19074223
- Holcomb KM, Nguyen C, Foy BD, Ahn M, Cramer K, Barker CM et al. Effects of ivermectin treatment of backyard chickens on mosquito dynamics and West Nile virus transmission. PLOS Negl Trop Dis. 2022. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pntd.0010260
- Ring K, Couper LI, Sapiro AL, Yarza F, Chou S, Swei A et al. Host blood meal identity modifies vector gene expression and competency. Molecular Ecology. 2022. https://doi.org/10.1111/mec.16413
- McVicar M, Rivera I, Reyes JB, Gulia-Nuss M. Ecology of Ixodes pacificus Ticks and Associated Pathogens in the Western United States. Pathogens. 2022. https://doi.org/10.3390/pathogens11010089
The Pacific Southwest Regional Center of Excellence in Vector-Borne Diseases is supported through Cooperative Agreement Number 1U01CK000649-01 between the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the University of California, Davis.
© 2022 – All rights reserved